Would you like Brighton Morris Men to come and dance at your event?
Have you got a special occasion coming up and you want to have some real traditional English entertainment for your delegates or guests?
Brighton Morris Men have a great tradition of bringing something special to weddings, conferences, parties and festivals. We can dance the dance, explain the dances and even teach you the dances for a bit of audience participation if you fancy.
Here is what you need to know
- We usually plan for one or two sessions of around 20 minutes, and we can adapt this to meet your needs – if you want one longer session we are happy to oblige!
- You will usually get between 10 and 20 dancers and musicians
- Book early. Our programme is often full up to a year in advance
- We need a firm level space to dance on
- Tell us if you have low ceilings or valuable chandeliers, etc. We do wave sticks about and need to know these things!!
- We do have public liability insurance
- Tell us about your audience (age range, type of event and so on) so we can tailor our performance to suit you
- Depending on the venue acoustics, we may need a PA for the musicians
- It helps if you can give us a side room for us to change, and to store our kit before the performance. Sometimes a car parking space is also useful
- A plate of sandwiches, water and a jug of beer won’t go amiss!!
- Our fee depends on how long you want us for and the type of event. Our minimum is usually around £250 for short session with fewer dancers. Talk to us to agree a sensible amount for your event
Just contact us to outline your requirements. We will get back to you as soon as we can. Please remember that Brighton Morris Men are not bound to attend your event unless and until we have confirmed the details with you and agreed the arrangements and fee.